3. 7. 2022
- To provide guests with a service that exceeds their expectations, at all times, in the bar/dining areas.
- To maximize beverage sales and service.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
- To ensure that assigned station in the Bar/Restaurant is set up to company standards and to Maitre D’/Bartender instructions and requirements during all times.
- To ensure that assigned station in the Bar/Restaurant and all the bar areas on the ship comply with the cleaning standards.
- To ensure all the guests are greeted and seated as they enter the Bar/Restaurant.
- To fully understand all wine/bar lists and types of wine and drinks as to confidently explain and recommend selections to the guests.
- To attend and carefully understand all the meetings held from the Maitre D’/Bartender on different, related to the job/ship life topics.
- To ensure that all the guests are served always in a courteous and understanding manner.
- To ensure that guests’ tables and bar counters are correctly cleared at all times.
- To ensure that guests’ tables are clean and properly positioned at all time.
- To ensure arrival at work in a timely basis in clean, pressed and correct uniform of the day.
- To arrive at work with all accessories needed for proper execution of the job.
- To take care of and properly store all equipment and uniform accessories assigned to them.
- To handle all equipment in the dining/bar areas and during transportation to the kitchen/pantry/dishwasher in such a manner that breakage is minimized.
- To ensure a correct and accurately taken drinks order from the passengers, to avoid misunderstanding and mistakes.
- To liaise with the Maitre D’/Bartender regarding demanding guests or special drinks requests.
- To recommend, sell, serve and refill wines/drinks to guests as per established procedures.
- To offer cold and hot beverages promptly throughout the meal service and replenish when necessary.
- To serve and replenish correctly wine when the cruises are with wine included.
- To participate enthusiastically in the Crew Show, Embarkation and Disembarkation procedures.
- To participate enthusiastically in the Farewell dinner crew presentation.
- To follow proper garbage separation procedures.
- To be knowledgeable about ship’s schedules and activities, so that correct information can be given to the passengers.
- To attend all meetings as scheduled by management.
- To attend all safety drills as scheduled by ships command.
- To perform duties which may be necessary (Frühschoppen, Ice Cream Parties, special events),as directed by the management.
- To provide help (if needed) to the Restaurant (in case of a special event or very busy time),as per requirement of the Maitre D’or the Hotel Manager.
- To assist carefully the management for the monthly material inventories.
- To assist carefully the management for the stock inventories at the end of every cruise.
- To ensure the correct charge, for the drinks served, to the passengers bills.
- To avoid frequent mistakes while charging the bills of the guests.
- To ensure that nobody from the crew members is served drinks in any matter without being charged.
- To ensure that nobody of the crew members (excluding the management, depends on the occassion) is seated or served in the bar/restaurant areas.