6. 12. 2022
DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES (when working at the Reception desk):
- be in time for work and for all the appointments
- if you will stay at the front desk ask the colleague you replace if something important happened during the night / your break
- know the schedule of the ship and the daily program
- find out where the ship will be moored so you can show pax on the city map, know how to reach the city and where the most important items are located in town
- know the taxi no. of the city you are docked if pax will order cabs
- keep all the time the boutique, hairdresser salon and the front desk (when you will be there) clean
- if you will be at the front desk when ship is leaving a port, make sure that you have all ID passes at the front desk (this means that all pax are on board) and check also if all crew members are onboard
- take care of the flower arrangements (water them, clean vases, etc.) in the reception area, bar, restaurant and public areas (if you will be in charge)
- know where the alphabetically and cabin pax list ready all the time
- take hairdresser and massage / doctor appointments and inform the doctor about (when making an appointment inform guests if they are on board or if there is an excursion planed. For this, the best is to have printed the weekly program with all tours and sailing schedule. For massage appointments inform guest where the massage room is located and that 15min before massage appointment the doctor will bring them a white robe and the slippers to their cabin. Slippers they can keep, the robe they have to give back).
- when selling items in the shop mark very correctly as in the inventory list the items (name, color and size – if necessary) and do not forget to put all items you sell on the guests cheque, mark the cabin no. and have pax signature. Hand in the yellow copy of the cheque.
- when pax are in the shop pay attention so that do not take items away!
- present in a nice way and make publicity on the items you sell in the shop!
- when having a hair appointment, give them good tips about what you think about their haircut, tell them you expect them once again. Try to make “small talk” with your clients. Do not force guests to leave a tip! If they want so, they can give it directly to you or put it on the bill (Hotel Manager will give you the money at the end of the cruise)
- at the end of the day you have to give to the Purser / Hotel Manager all the guest cheques from the beauty salon and the shop.
- for the shop you have to keep a book where you will mark every day all the soled items with their correct price. The total amount has to be the same as the one from all added up cheques